I do believe that there are innumerable things that we don't understand. I believe there is a God who created the earth for our benefit. And I believe there is a large portion of our intelligence that we just can't access... not in this period of our existence, anyway. So, I try to keep an open mind.
I have been told that we are most attracted to gemstones whose properties we are most in need of. So I researched some of my favorite gems. Here's what I learned:
|Kingman Chainmaille Necklace|
* Neutralizes over acidity
* Alleviates rheumatism, gout, stomach problems, viral infections
* Increases growth, muscular strength
* Alleviates pain, relaxes cramps
* Contains anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects
|Garnets in the Rough Bracelet|
* Helps to build a successful business (I like that!)
* Kept under your pillow, it can cure depression
* Increase popularity and self esteem when worn as jewelry (I didn't make that up!)
* Brings consistency to friendships
|Larimar and Pearls (Sold)|
* Powerful healer of mind and body
* Empowers creativity, communication and speech
* Calming, and brings mental clarity
* Neutralizes negative energy and enhances positive energy
* Has the ability to draw together soul mates
You know what? A lot of that stuff applies to me! And there's much more... This list has been pared down significantly. Here is a link to a wealth of information on this topic.
On the other hand, all of the gemstones I studied cover a wide variety of ailments. It's not really surprising that the gemstones I like would hit on some things that apply to me. It would be hard to find one that didn't. Along that same line of thinking, one who uses gemstones consistently could easily attribute improvements in health, or avoidance of maladies, to the healing and protecting powers of a gemstone. For instance, I rarely have stomach problems, and I wear turquoise often... Interesting. I have some unfailingly consistent friends; could it be the garnets? As for larimar... I'm pretty much in need of all those things, except finding a soul mate, which I already found without the use of this gem. But I only recently discovered larimar, thus, my need for its powers.
I am not trying to sway anyone towards one opinion or the other. This is merely exploration. Like I said, I've never given gemstones a fair opportunity to prove themselves.
Here's one way to look at it.... Wear the gemstones. What's it gonna hurt? You might find healing, and for sure you'll look good trying!